- System Requirements
ATI Radeon™ HD 3800 Series – OverviewExperience the power of HD
Experience the power of HD with the ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series of GPUs - graphics processing designed for how you work and play.
Advance to the Next Generation of HD Gaming
Advance to the next generation of gaming with incredible performance, life-like graphics and support for the latest Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1. With PCI Express® 2.0 support, you’re ready for games that will demand faster throughput. And thanks to plug-and-play ATI CrossFireX™ upgrade ability, it is easy to turbo-charge your 3D performance.
HD Video Beyond 1080p
The latest Blu-ray and HD DVD movies play smoothly at full 1080p and your CPU is unbound for other tasks thanks to the Unified Video Decoder and ATI Avivo™ HD video and display technology. Enjoy quality to spare with resolutions upscaled beyond 1080p for the most processing-intensive content. And with a choice of digital outputs, you have more options when enjoying your digital entertainment.
ATI Radeon™ HD 3800 Series graphics processors have break-through efficiency, with up to twice the processing performance per watt than previous generations of AMD GPUs. And thanks to a smaller format that runs cooler, you can pack more performance in your system at an extraordinary value.
- ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series – Key Features
- PCI Express® 2.0 – Get ready for the most demanding graphics applications with PCI Express 2.0 support, which allows up to twice the throughput of current AMD PCI Express cards.
- Incredible Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 performance – You’ll be blown away by life-like graphics from the latest DirectX® 10.1 games, with stunning 3D graphics and shading effects.
- 320 Stream Processors – More than enough horsepower to support the most demanding graphics applications.
- ATI CrossFireX™ multi-GPU – Upgrade to even greater 3D performance quickly and easily thanks to plug-and-play ATI CrossFireX technology with up to quad-GPU support.
- Unified Video Decoder – View and manipulate the latest Blu-ray and HD DVD content with a dedicated hardware video decoder that leaves your CPU free to perform other tasks.
- Ultimate Image Quality – Performance that rivals high-end HD-DVD and Blu-ray players on displays with resolutions that exceed 1080p – up to 2560x1600.
- Integrated Digital Outputs – Enjoy your digital content the way you want to, with built-in HDMI that includes 5.1 surround audio for big screen entertainment.
- More Processing Performance per Watt – Get up to twice the Gigaflops per watt of previous generations of high-end AMD GPUs.
- ATI PowerPlay™ Technology – power saving features that reduce power consumption at idle or during low-usage
- Runs Cool and Quiet – With a smaller chip designed to use less power, your system can take advantage of high-end Windows Vista® features while running more efficiently and quieter than ever.
|GPU Clock||668 Mhz|
|Memory||512 / 256 Mb|
|Memory Speed||1656 Mhz|
|Memory Bus||256 bit|
|CPU Bus||PCI Expressx16|
|HDMI Support||HDMI 1.2 (optional)|
- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 450 Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended (550 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for dual ATI CrossFireX™)
- Certified power supplies are recommended
- 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires an optical drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray™ / HD DVD playback requires a Blu-ray / HD DVD drive
- For a complete ATI CrossFireX™ system, additional ATI Radeon™ HD 3800 series graphics card(s), an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per board (included) are required