- System Requirements
ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 – Overview
Force3D™ Radeon™ HD 4870
Force3D™ Radeon™ HD 4870 brings the power of graphics ‘supercomputing’ to gamers, setting a new standard for visual computing. Redefine the way you play and take HD gaming to the extreme with best-in-class performance. With one teraFLOPS on tap, the TeraScale graphics engine delivers an immersive, cinematic gaming experience. Add this graphics card to your PC and watch Blu-ray movies and play HD content with incredible visual fidelity or take your experience to another level with new multimedia capabilities. Do it all with break-through efficiency that doesn’t compromise performance
Redefine HD Gaming
- TeraScaleGraphics Engine
- The new TeraScale graphics engine features over one teraFLOPS, nearly one billion transistors and 800 stream processors so you can enjoy the high resolutions and fast frame rates previously only available with dual-card systems.
- Enhanced Anti-Aliasing & Anisotropic Filtering
- High performance anisotropic filtering and 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) smooth jagged edges and create true-to-life graphics, for everything from grass to facial features.
- Play today while preparing for tomorrow with state-of-the-art DirectX 10.1 graphics capabilities.
- ATI CrossFireX™ Technology
- ATI CrossFireX™ technology with up to quad GPU support offers superior scalability so your system is ready to level up when you are.
- PCI Express 2.0
- Support for PCI Express 2.0 will prepare you for bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications.
- Power to Spare
- This GPU has the brute processing power needed for physics, artificial intelligence, stream computing and ray tracing calculations.
Go Beyond HD Video
- Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2)
- UVD 2 frees up your CPU for other tasks so you get The Ultimate Visual Experience™ for even the most processing-intensive content, including VC-1, H.264 and now MPEG-2. Also, take full advantage of Blu-ray functionality with dual-stream, picture in picture (PIP) capabilities.
- Accelerated Video Transcoding(AVT)
- AVT allows you to convert videos to H.264 and MPEG-2 formats up to 19x faster than when using a just CPU.** Full 1080p files can be converted to H.264 and MPEG-2 up to 1.8x faster than real-time
- Upscale Beyond 1080p
- Watch the hottest Blu-ray movies or other HD content at full 1080p display resolution and beyond.
- Enhanced DVD Upscaling
- Watch standard DVD movies in near high-definition quality with DVD upscaling. The GPU uses post processing algorithms to enhance standard and low resolution videos and movies on your HD display.
- Dynamic Contrast
- Dynamic Contrast automatically adjusts the contrast and brightness during scenes to consistently deliver a crisp, vibrant picture.
- Enjoy the latest audio technologies using HDMI with 7.1 digital surround sound support. Also, xvYCC support allows the user to enjoy a wider range of color when connected to a capable HDTV.
Break-through Efficiency – Proof Points
- Dynamic Power Management
- ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series graphics cards deliver high performance when needed and conserve power when the demand on the graphics processor is low.
- Energy Efficient Manufacturing Process
- Second generation 55nm chip uses the industry’s most energy efficient manufacturing process.
- More Performance Per Watt
|Graphic Processor||ATI Radeon® HD4870|
|GPU Clock||750 Mhz|
|Memory Speed||3.6Gb/sec (900MHz)|
|Memory Bus||256 bit|
|CPU Bus||PCI Express x16 Rev 2.0|
|HDMI Support||HDMI with 7.1 Digital audio support (optional)|
Force3D™ Radeon HD 4870 System Requirements
- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
- Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
- Minimum 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
- For a complete ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX™ Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX™ Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card are required